cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
webbrewers
Frequent Visitor

Verify licensing

Simple question but apparently Msft makes it almost impossible to get a straight answer: if I build a power app, can all my users see it/interact with it? We have O365 E3 licenses plus I also see enough unassigned  "PA free trial" licenses to cover my 10k users. There are also multiple other licenses that may or not relate.

Why does Msft make it so hard to figure out the licensing options for PA? My global admin seems unsure as does a MSFT field engineer who ran a PA training session for us. If they don't know, who does?

1 REPLY 1
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Verify licensing

If you create an App, share it with everyone, and they all have Office 365 E3 licenses; then they will all be able to see and run the app.  However, if the app uses any premium connectors, like SQL or CDS, then user's will be prompted that they need additional licensing.  With the E3 licenses you won't need the "FREE" licenses.  Maybe I'm not understanding the question, but I don't see where the confusion is?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Power Platform 2020 release wave 1 plan

Features releasing from April 2020 through September 2020

Users online (6,115)