cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VilPel
Helper II
Helper II

What are the implications of exceeding database and file capacity limits?

Hello  community,

One more question (for now) regarding the Power Platform storage capacities. I have a tenant where the storage capacity has been exceeded in terms of the database and files as you can see from the image below.

Screenshot_56.png

I have a managed package solution in one of the environments created in this tenant with a Power App inside it. Does exceeding the limits have implications to the app's, workflows or database usage? Like, are the Power App users still able to use the app normally? Is there any documentation to the exact implications?

Thanks,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @VilPel , the documentation on the impacts of being over capacity is limited. The known impacts are that you cannot perform certain “environment operations” such as create a new environment, copy an environment etc.

As for running apps, I have never seen any impact to date and your users will still be able to create and run apps, and add data. There is no documentation on the impact on running apps, as far as I am aware.

In general, Microsoft is currently relaxed in its technical enforcement of licensing. However, they are continuously improving it so there may be other technical implications in the future. It is best to keep your capacity in order. Plus,  if you are over capacity you are violating the terms of use and licensing requirements of the Power Platform.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HSheild
Super User
Super User

Hi @VilPel , the documentation on the impacts of being over capacity is limited. The known impacts are that you cannot perform certain “environment operations” such as create a new environment, copy an environment etc.

As for running apps, I have never seen any impact to date and your users will still be able to create and run apps, and add data. There is no documentation on the impact on running apps, as far as I am aware.

In general, Microsoft is currently relaxed in its technical enforcement of licensing. However, they are continuously improving it so there may be other technical implications in the future. It is best to keep your capacity in order. Plus,  if you are over capacity you are violating the terms of use and licensing requirements of the Power Platform.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,017)