Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

What licences are required to allow users to consume Model Driven Apps

Hi,

I have Power Apps per user plan licence. I have implemented a Model Driven App. I have managed to give my users access to the app by assigning a Microsoft Power Automate Free Licence to them as shown below :

Screenshot 2020-08-10 at 01.46.37.png

Does it mean that my users do not need to have a Power Apps per user plan Licence or a Power Apps per app plan to consume my model driven app  ?

Thanks,

Arioule

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: What licences are required to allow users to consume Model Driven Apps

Hi @Arioule ,

The answer to your Questions is NO. Actually, the Microsoft Power Automate Free license is the old license, and now the new license is known as 'Per User Plan' and 'Per Flow Plan'. The Microsoft Power Automate Free license includes the Model-Driven app functionality, so you could assign this license to your end users. But if the Microsoft Power Automate Free license is expired, your end users would not be able to access your Model-Driven app any more.

In addition, except the required license, if you want these end users to run your Model-Driven app, you also must assign proper Security Role (which has been bind to the Model-Driven app) in your current Environment to these end users.

Note: The Model-Driven app is based on Security Role.

More details about sharing Model-Driven app, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/share-model-driven-app

Minimum privileges to run a Model-Driven app

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

The Common Data Service rights are being granted in the context that a Power Automate Flow can access the CDS data.

To grant access to the CDS data, the user needs to be added as a member of the CDS environment but that doesn't grant you the rights to assign additional permissions to the user. There is nothing technical to stop you but MS may check the licences and bill you.

---
If this post has answered your question please consider it for "Accept as Solution" or if it has been helpful give it a "Thumbs Up".
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Arioule ,

The answer to your Questions is NO. Actually, the Microsoft Power Automate Free license is the old license, and now the new license is known as 'Per User Plan' and 'Per Flow Plan'. The Microsoft Power Automate Free license includes the Model-Driven app functionality, so you could assign this license to your end users. But if the Microsoft Power Automate Free license is expired, your end users would not be able to access your Model-Driven app any more.

In addition, except the required license, if you want these end users to run your Model-Driven app, you also must assign proper Security Role (which has been bind to the Model-Driven app) in your current Environment to these end users.

Note: The Model-Driven app is based on Security Role.

More details about sharing Model-Driven app, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/share-model-driven-app

Minimum privileges to run a Model-Driven app

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,680)