cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

What roles do I need to be able to create canvas and model driven apps, create entities and create roles and be able to assign them to a user?

Hello. I am trying to assign a user with the minimum number of roles needed so they can create a canvas app, model-driven app, entities, and also roles that they can assign to other uses.

Would System Customizer be enough for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: What roles do I need to be able to create canvas and model driven apps, create entities and create roles and be able to assign them to a user?

Hi @Mgodby ,

Let me step back and tell you what are environments in Power Platform:

1. Default Environment, comes with Power Platform and all the users can create both Canvas and Model-driven (with a license)
  2. Sandbox, known for a replica of Prod copy and that involves cost
  3. Test environment (30 days is the life of this environment)
  4. Production environment involves cost
  5. Development environment, this is absolutely free with only one limit that maker can't share the app with any of their team members. This can be created with  https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/communityplan/

Creating a canvas can be done by any user in the organization as part of the default environment, no need to define any roles.
Model-driven App you will have as below list of roles by default: https://org5c8c75c2.crm.dynamics.com/main.aspx?forceUCI=1&pagetype=apps

While Sharing the Model-driven App:
roles1.png

List of Security roles:

Roles.png

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: What roles do I need to be able to create canvas and model driven apps, create entities and create roles and be able to assign them to a user?

Hi @Mgodby ,

Let me step back and tell you what are environments in Power Platform:

1. Default Environment, comes with Power Platform and all the users can create both Canvas and Model-driven (with a license)
  2. Sandbox, known for a replica of Prod copy and that involves cost
  3. Test environment (30 days is the life of this environment)
  4. Production environment involves cost
  5. Development environment, this is absolutely free with only one limit that maker can't share the app with any of their team members. This can be created with  https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/communityplan/

Creating a canvas can be done by any user in the organization as part of the default environment, no need to define any roles.
Model-driven App you will have as below list of roles by default: https://org5c8c75c2.crm.dynamics.com/main.aspx?forceUCI=1&pagetype=apps

While Sharing the Model-driven App:
roles1.png

List of Security roles:

Roles.png

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Mgodby ,

I have noticed that you liked my reply, is there anything I am missing here for you to mark my reply as a solution? 

Mark my reply as a solution, If you see my reply answered your query so that new members of the community will make use of it.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a t👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

Regards,
KrishnaV

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (4,427)