cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

What's the IP Address for PowerApps

Ok, this might sound weird. But, the Security Engineer of my organization is asking for IP Address of PowerApps and I am confused. The app in context is connected to SharePoint list and the app is being used by users of 15 different states. So, based on his request, I began thinking about the network side of the app. How is the app being hosted? I designed it by simply starting a blank app in PowerApps and sharing it with organization once it is done. But, where is the app truly hosted? Is it Microsoft's discretion on how it balances load on its different app servers hosting the service? Is the app hosted in the cloud space that is tied to my account? I would love to learn more about these details for the future. Also, please help me find the IP address so I can respond to my Security Engineer. Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: What's the IP Address for PowerApps

Hi @sgundavarapu ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to know the whitelist IP addresses supported by PowerApps?

Actually, the Requests from PowerApps use IP addresses that depend on the region of the environment that the app is in. More details about the whitelist IP addresses supported by PowerApps currently, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config#ip-addresses

In addition, the published app is actually hosted in your PowerApps environment which binds to a specific cloud service (cloud space).

More details about Environment in PowerApps, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/environments-overview

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hello, 

I want to whitelist my customconnector for powerapps. De connector is secured via Azure AD.

It seems that IP adresses listed on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/limits-and-config#ip-addresses does not work.

What are the used IP addresses in connector calls?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @koener 

Did you manage to get this sorted out ? I am having an issue testing my Custom API. Error below.

Which ip's and ports must be open to connect to an on premises target ? Can you maybe help. Many thanks

{
"error": {
"code": 500,
"message": "Unable to connect to the remote server",
"source": "europe-002.azure-apim.net",
"path": "forward-request",
"clientRequestId": "c50f529f-f03a-4d22-9ee3-a051-f202cfd9"
}
}

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi @fransk,

I was able to sort this out. Where is your custom API hosted and which authentication type do you use?

-Koener

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @koener ,

Our tenant is hosted in Europe and at this stage we just use basic authentication.

Regards and thanks

Highlighted

Re: What's the IP Address for PowerApps - There is an additional Azure Whitelist you may need.

So if you are using other Azure connectivity you may need to Whitelist Azure services in general.

Here is the link to that list (in JSON format) that is updated once a week.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=56519&WT.mc_id=rss_alldownloads_all

I hope this helps.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,783)