cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

creating environment and using connector

Hello,

I have created a new environment and within this, I cannot connect to mySQL database, however, in my original environment (plans: 365, community), there is not such issue.

Thanks in advanced

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Re: creating environment and using connector

Could this be a license issue because the MySQL is a premium connector and would require you to have a per user or per App/Flow plan. The seeded license that comes with O365 doesn't cover premium connectors. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the response, however, when being in the original environment it connects to mysql database but in the newly created environment it does not connect.

I have both 365 plan and community plan in my profile

Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hello @jon00320,

Just wanted to know if you've set any Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Polices on any of the environments?

So one environment might allow all connectors, whereas the other environment might block a connector.

Microsoft Docs on DLP polices can be found here.

Thanks very much and good luck,

Garry

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reponse, no DLP policies have been defined

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Is there a data gateway involved?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Hello @jon00320

Thanks for replying about the DLP policy not being in place. I'm just guessing now, so my below might not be helpful, sorry.

In your original message you said you had an environment which you could connect to mySQL database connector. What is the environment type of the original environment, was it "Developer" or something like that, which used your "Community Plan" license, which allowed you to connect to premium connectors? See below:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/dev-community-plan.
I believe you only get a single environment for with the Community Plan license.

Whereas your other environment is a different environment type, such as sandbox or production, and not using your Community Plan license, only your "365 plan", hence the ability not to use a premium connector, if the license is something like "Office 365 E5 plan" license, as this doesn't allow premium connectors. A link on this page will download the license guide.

What is the exact name of your 365 plan please?

Again, this is just a guess.

Thanks very much,

Garry

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Yes, there is gateway to get to mySQL data

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I can see, in my plan option two of them

Power Apps for Office 365
Power Apps Community

But not sure if one of the environments is associated with one of the plan and the other with the other plan, I do not know if there is a place to check this information.

Thanks,
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

On the other hand, do you know if there is any limitation for using a gateway (for using mySQL) in either both of the plans:

Power Apps for Office 365
Power Apps Community

?

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,061)