cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fishdata

enabling geospatial apps in teams

I have a client who needs a quick way of displaying samples on a map based on their associated latitude and longitude. With the new geospatial components released for general availability, I figured this would be the perfect time to roll out a Power App in Teams. I'm trying to follow this guide (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/geospatial-overview) but I cannot find anything bout geospatial features in my admin center. In fact, when I pull up features under my environment, nothing shows up. Is this a permissions issue, a Teams environment issue, or a 'me' issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jukka-niiranen
Frequent Visitor

However, since according to my understanding, the geospatial components like interactive map and address input require a premium license, I'm not sure if there's a way to leverage these in a Dataverse for Teams environment today. At least when I try and create a Power Apps Canvas app within a Teams environment that has the geospatial features enabled, neither of these components show up. It doesn't even matter if the maker has a Power Apps Per User license, looks like the app maker experience inside Teams isn't ready to support geospatial features just yet.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jukka-niiranen
Frequent Visitor

This may be a feature that as only recently been enabled in Microsoft Teams environments, but at least in our tenant I can see the Geospatial Services feature as the only available feature to enable:

jukkaniiranen_0-1629966698650.png

jukka-niiranen
Frequent Visitor

However, since according to my understanding, the geospatial components like interactive map and address input require a premium license, I'm not sure if there's a way to leverage these in a Dataverse for Teams environment today. At least when I try and create a Power Apps Canvas app within a Teams environment that has the geospatial features enabled, neither of these components show up. It doesn't even matter if the maker has a Power Apps Per User license, looks like the app maker experience inside Teams isn't ready to support geospatial features just yet.

View solution in original post

Hey, thank you for sharing your experience with Dataverse for Teams so far! It's too bad that geospatial features don't appear ready for Teams yet. I can think of a lot of folks in my organization who could use those features for quick dashboards and data set visualizations. For now, I suppose I'll need to find another way to implement Dataverse-to-Map applications in Teams.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,136)