cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tbrueland

hyperlinks problem

Hi all,

I am trying to build an app that contains severel types of fields, and I have 3 fields that are hyperlinks. When I make the fields I put a name in the set the display text to be something else than the hyperlink itself, but when I run the app I just get the hyperlink in that field. I am very new to Powerapps and Sharepoint itself, but I try my best to learn. Other than the hyperlink problem, the app runs good.

Does anyone know what the problem might be? And if yes, please provide a deep explanation to a newbie like me 🙂

Best regards,

Tommy 

1 REPLY 1
pNabin
Advocate V
Advocate V

@tbrueland,

You are not doing anything wrong. SharePoint just show hyperlink value in PowerApps and doesn't support displaying display name of the link yet. You can get more details about it in the link below (espically I liked @Audrie-MSFT's response).

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Sharepoint-List-Link-Column/m-p/158067#M53333

If I were you, I would create separate column in SharePoint for Display Name. And use that display name in the PowerApps. But, it may not be applicable for you.

Link Display Name.jpg

Thanks,

Nabin

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,097)