cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

"Everyone" Access Issue

Hello!

I have recently built a Power App to be used by about 5,000 individuals in my large company.

For launch, we had the permissions set to "everyone," however for the App to appear in the search menu for users, we had to grant access individually. I have tried to troubleshoot this with my company's IT department with little success, however we have confirmed that the app is saved the company's environment.

Can anyone provide tips on this? In the future, it will be very difficult to manage individual access. 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: "Everyone" Access Issue

Hi @maddiebadey ,

Have you tried to share your canvas app to a Security Group or a Office 365 Group?

Regarding the needs that you mentioned, I think the Security Group or a Office 365 Group could achieve your needs. You could consider create a Security Group or a Office 365 Group, and then assign proper permission to this Security Group or Office 365 Group. After that, add your proper users into this Security Group or Office 365 Group, then these user inside this group would have same permission to your canvas app as the group itself.

More details about sharing canvas app to a Security Group or Office 365 Group, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/share-app#security-group-considerations

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Thanks so  much! We tried the security group route with no success. Trying to solve for why the app doesn't show up under all apps for the company in Power Apps.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @maddiebadey ,

Where do you create your canvas app? In Org Default Environment? Or your custom PowerApps Environment?

Within PowerApps Web Portal, it would display all canvas apps you created or canvas apps shared to you under the "Apps" tab within current environment in default.

If you want to display the canvas app created in your Org Default Environment, please consider switch to your Org Default Environment, and then check if the canvas app existed there.

Switch Environment in PowerApps

In addition, also please consider change the Apps type from "My apps" option to "Org apps" option as below:

1.JPG

Note: If the canvas app created in a separated custom Environment, but you are in Org Default Environment, the canvas app in your custom Environment would not be shown up under the Org Default Environment automatically.

Share apps in PowerApps

Manage Environment in PowerApps

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (4,778)