cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KillerBob71

"MS Power Apps" app on iOS 15 Beta 3...

Since updating to iOS 15 Beta 3 (19A5297e) on my iPhone and on my iPad as well, the Microsoft "Power Apps" application (ver. 3.21071.22 and 3.21072.23) will no longer start up. I tried deleting the app off my iOS devices and reinstalling, but still it will not work. MS Power Apps worked fine in Beta 2, i.e. ver. 19A5281j.

I just want to confirm this is a general issue and not a "me" issue?

37 REPLIES 37
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

And if you check the release notes you'll see that NONE of the updates even mention IOS 15.  MS is NOT developing releases for an Apple Beta.  They are rolling out fixes and new features for the existing supported operating system versions.  That is not going to change anytime soon.  And if you think it will you are kidding yourself and so are all the people who think that by posting here there will be a fix that will magically make Power Apps work on IOS 15.  Its not going to happen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Cmac474
Advocate I
Advocate I

iOS 14 isn't mentioned either and it works on that, iOS 15b2 isn't mentioned and it works on that. The Release notes don't mention if it does/doesn't work in 15b7 so if one person comes here wondering if it works before trying out the beta and it helps them, then yes, these posts are worth it.
If you don't like the conversation, nobody asked you to post here about it. The internet is full of elitest windbags, go be one somewhere else.

Outlook, Teams, OneNote all work great with iOS15 betas and have since beta 1. They've released many updates since the iOS 15 beta dropped. What's the harm in providing feedback? If you don't care for beta products, that's ok. Beta testing is not for everyone. But your comments are certainly not productive nor contribute in any way other than to make yourself feel better. And what makes you think MS is not developing and testing for iOS 15? You think they wait until the general release is out before they start even considering it? I think MS has a little more foresight than you appear to give them credit for. Oh yeah, MS does have an Insider program for, wait for it, beta testers AND devs. Seems MS does like to have feedback on their products after all so I think I'll continue to provide it when and where I can.

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Yes, they do have an Insider program.  And that is where this kind of feedback belongs.  Doing it in a Public forum provides no benefit.  And Yes, I'm sure that Microsoft has some "private" Betas running at the moment for IOS 15.  But feedback for those Betas isn't done through a Public forum.  That's the way Beta testing works.

Cmac474
Advocate I
Advocate I

15b7 public was just released - still a no go. Public beta was released just hours after developer so you're nearing the final version.

I would assume launch is 9/21ish so maybe about a month before the app starts working again, we'll see

Thanks for the update! My beta 7 is downloading now.  Definitely getting close to the general release!

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

IOS 14 is the released version, not a Beta.  You've got a right to assume it works with the released version.  There is no reason to assume it should work on a Beta.  It's BETA.

Please let it go. If you're just trying to get post count do it elsewhere. We are providing feedback on something we care about. Thank you for your time and concerns. 

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Post count doesn't mean anything.  So there is no point in driving it up.  You say you are "Providing feedback".  Who do you think you are providing feedback to? The Power Apps product team isn't watching these posts and neither is Apple.  The only people you are talking to is each other.  But I'll drop it at this point since people seem to expect that every product will instantly work on a Beta OS.  That isn't reality and complaining about it here does absolutely nothing except make noise.

cwebb365
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

It absolutely does provide feedback for many people. Last I checked this is a “community” forum and not a Microsoft bug submission and feedback forum.  No one has complained about Microsoft nor said anything about expecting it to work on beta. Everyone is sharing their experience with it running or not. I for one found this post googling about it and wondering if it was a beta issue or if there was a work around or not. If there wasn’t, I already expected and assumed the issue was because of the beta and accept that fact. Nothing wrong in seeing and helping the community in sharing that information.  

The only one here that’s really not providing anything to this thread is you and your constant unwarranted whining.  

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (3,531)