CDM has given a strong impact as a data-storage container. Not only the speed of saving but the quick response over web.powerapps.com.
Few suggestions for consideration after couple of days using CDM:
1. Entities Grouping
- Apps normally comprises of several entities. Would suggest to have Group Titles to contain all applicable Entiries
2. Add Entity
- Confuse between Display Name and Entity Name. I suppose Entity Name is list out but in fact it is Display Name
- Is that on purpose or a mistake
- Thanks for so many standard list but in actual, that maynot be suitable, though we can modify by unlocking the field (in the case of Create App from Data)
- Can it be customzied?
4. Editing of Field Name
- Once created, editing of Field Name is prohited.
- Although this can be deleted and Add a new field, but the new field is always at the bottom and resulting in the location in EXCEL File Header (after exporting) is located at the end.
- Hence, it may not be at the location as wished. (say Length, Unitx, Qty will become Length, Qty, Unit - when Unitx is deleted and then added at the end of Field).
- Please allow move up / move down of field name for a better position in Excel.
5. Sharing of Entities / Duplication for another User
- I like the duplication of entities within the same user
- What if I design 10 entities for an App using my Own Acc and Later wish to move all the Entities for my customer, I need to re-create all the entities and add again in PowerApps, and yet the PowerApps can;t recognize those entities even though they are having the SAME Entities Name.
- What I did is - in PowerApps, delete the Entities and retype the similar name.
- Sound ridiculous.
Above are for further clarification / improvement.