Hallo PowerApps Team,
I need a function to decode a string in PowerApps.
In my business case I want to save text from only text multiline SharePoint field in an other sharepoint field with rich text turned on.
The problem is that all linebreaks get lost.
So I want to replace all line breaks with html line breaks.
In flow I found a solution.
uriComponentToString(replace(uriComponent(outputs('Mail_part')), '%0A', '</br>'))
But I want it in PowerApps.
I tried to use the functions "encodeUrl" and "plainText" but it does not work. PlainText function makes no decoding (it removes html and xml)!
PlainText(Substitute(EncodeUrl(DataCardValue1.Text); "%0A"; "<br/>"))
The result is some ugly text with a lot of encoded signs like spaces "%20"
Why is it taking so long to fix this simple bug? Since custom connector requires P1 plan one would expect to make this a priority. 😞 please i need this.
This can represent a lot of formulation to 'clean' any URL, and it's kinda annoying to nest so many substitute() functions in order to replace spaces and special characters in our input parameters. I like this idea.
I know this is an old thread, but this still isn't solved yet and I just ran into this problem as well. My problem was I had a multi-line address field that I wanted to display in a gallery on a single line. My solution was to use the Substitute() function with Char(10).
Substitute(ThisItem.Address, Char(10), " ")
That replaced all line breaks with a Space. You could repurpose that to insert any text needed for your solution.
2 years later, same issue here. It can only solved by hunderts of Substitutes.
Here a basic url conversion (german char set, inclomplete!)
Maybe microsoft can now see better how stupid this is.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.