cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make URL of SharePoint data souce disoverable

Currently, a data source that resides on SharePoint shows in the list of data sources with only the list name.  This makes it difficult to work out what SharePoint site collection or site hosts the list.

 

Please add functionality that shows the full URL of the SharePoint list in a data source.

Status: Completed

If you open the data panel from within the app, you'll see the "Edit Data" link under the name of the data source from SharePoint. With customize forms you'll also see the full link in the back stage of the app (using the File Menu).

 

Let me know if this works for your scenario. 

 

Thank you,

Audrie

Comments
Level 8

This is such a great idea!

I have found myself in the position of having a SharePoint list with the same name in 2 site collections, one being used for testing and I found it very hard to distinguish between them. I had to rename the test one to be able to make the difference - which you might argue that is no big deal, but when working with live lists as described in the idea, then this is definitely needed.

Level: Power Up

To be honest, how can you leave this out? When you're working with powerapps you want to jump to the list to. If you are coming back to the app and you want to add fields to the sharepoint list you want to go there quickly.

Power Automate Staff
Status changed to: Completed

If you open the data panel from within the app, you'll see the "Edit Data" link under the name of the data source from SharePoint. With customize forms you'll also see the full link in the back stage of the app (using the File Menu).

 

Let me know if this works for your scenario. 

 

Thank you,

Audrie

Level: Powered On

@Audrie-MSFT it looks as though the 'Edit data' link is only displayed if Powerapps can connect to that list.

 

If the connection is broken for some reason (I'm guessing this will happen if the List or Site get renamed), then the 'Edit data' link does not get displayed (in Chrome at least) and its very hard to track down and fix the source of the problem.