When I put content in a rich text column, links are fixed so that internal links are rewritten to be relative urls (which is a by design behavior).
However when displaying the rich text column in a PowerApp list form, the relative urls are prefixed with "https://prod-westeurope.azureedge.net/" instead of the local site url.
This renders the links useless and prevents us from launching our otherwise cool LogicApp.
Couldnt agree more.
It looks like we need some extra attention on this column type.
Rich Text fields are important to the usefulness of many solutions we currently build. Links embedded in text are particulary necessecary and considered critical for most implementations
Without a robust Rich Text experience, we have to engineer around this very clunky field design.
Edit rich tect controls: vote here
I have the same issue both with rich text editor field and HTML text field, users want to enter sharepoint URLs in the multiline text field and when the field is displayed in powerapps the URL is prefixed with "https://prod-westus2.azureedge.net/" It only works if the URL is outside our environment. I wish if there is a workarround to this problem.
Not ideal, but as a work-around we used the PowerApps Substitute command to replace all instances of “/sites/” with “https://<tenantname>.sharepoint.com/sites/” in rich text fields so the links are not broken.
Your suggested work-around works to replace the URL's. So far so good.
Next problem is, that all clicks inside the form are being picked up by a listener on the "body" element of the form - so nothing happens when I click a link - whether it's an internal link like the ones we have been dealing with here, or if it's a link pointing to some external address like "https://www.anyting.something"
I have tried removing this listener, and then the links work fine. Problem is - I can only do this in the browser console - I have found no way to accomplish this in the PowerApp itself.
How can this be achieved without duplicating the url text?
This is crazy. The app I've been asked to create is rendered useless by this
I firstly couldn't get links to open from within Rich Text controls so after so help on here I ended up using HTML Text control for viewing links and Rich text control for editing links. This works fine for external link but within SharePoint i suffer the same issue @haso_mth_dk
And please fix the link handlers as well! Or tell me how I am supposed to explain to my customer that it's the first time in the history of internet that hyperlinks are not clickable (which seems to be almost a good thing here since the links are broken anyway... )
I really don't understand why the links can't be stored and used as entered. This really makes thing hard when the contents of a rich text field are used in an email. If there is a link in the rich text field that has a URL that's on an internal SharePoint site, it gets really messed up.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.