Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justin365
Helper II
Helper II

Ability to create a starter Portal vs Custom Portal

Hi  Couple of questions I am trying to create a fresh "Starter Portal"

Not a Custom Portal... I created a CDS only environment and was able to make a starter portal but within a d365 environment I can only create a custom Portal

1. How can you create a "starter portal" all I can see is a custom portal when i select from new portal from Blank.

2. is it possible to migrate a starter portal into a custom portal if they are in different environments using xrm portal records mover tool? 

1 REPLY 1

Hi @Justin365,

Starter Portal is an equivalent for Custom Portal for CDS only instances. See this article from Colin Vermander. So in D365, you can only create Custom Portal as a pure "starter" portal.

Being honest never migrated portal from CDS only to D365 environments but I don't think there that will be any issues as they are basically the same (even according to docs - see here to find more about available templates and their comparison). 

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (4,053)