cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Accidentally deleted "Portal Management" app

Hello!

After creating a portal in my environment, I have accidentally deleted the "Portal Management" that was created alongside the portal. I thought that after deleting my portal, and creating it again - the "Management" app will also appear, but just deleting the portal from the list does not delete any of the portal data - just the hosting of the portal. To fully delete my portal, I have to use... "Portal Management" app.

Long story short - Is there a way to restore a deleted "Portal Management" app?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Alex

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Accidentally deleted "Portal Management" app

Hi @Admin13 ,

Do you mean that you deleted Portal Management app by accidient and want to restore it ?

I'm afraid it's not supported to restore it in PowerApps currently.

If you delete an app, PowerApps will not have its backup automatically.

Maybe you could ask for help here to see whether they can help you find your previous app:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

What's more, you could only delete your protal's data in protal management app currently. That's no other way.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi Alex,

App is more of UI construct which does not impact data or database. If you want to delete portal, you would need to delete website record. And then recreate a portal to get a new portal with new website record.

You can actually import the app from any other environment (you can create a trial environment with portal management app and export a solution only with that app and then import back in your relevant org). You can refer to this document here:
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics365/customerengagement/on-premises/customize/export-import-...

In case you are still blocked, do let me know.

Regards,
Yogesh
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Admin13 ,

Do you mean that you deleted Portal Management app by accidient and want to restore it ?

I'm afraid it's not supported to restore it in PowerApps currently.

If you delete an app, PowerApps will not have its backup automatically.

Maybe you could ask for help here to see whether they can help you find your previous app:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/ticket/

What's more, you could only delete your protal's data in protal management app currently. That's no other way.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

I did the same thing, the question is @v-yutliu-msft  can you generate a new portal management app somehow? 

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@BartSchaap Can you explain the steps on how were you able to delete the app? It's a managed property so you should have got an error in deleting the app. Did you mean that you accidentally deleted the website record in the app?

Regards,

Yogesh

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hi @Yogesh_Gupta , in the overview of apps I simply selected the 3 dots and from it's menu I selected delete. Just like you do when deleting a 'normal' app.image.png

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@BartSchaap 

hmm, it should not work as it will throw an error of managed property. I think you should raise a support ticket for this. PFA the error it will throw when you try deleting the app.

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

However - can it be reistalled or not? If it is deleted then fine but why can't it be reinstalled? 

We have the same issue now ...

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

@bdodu , @BartSchaap - Yes I just realized that Portal Management app could be deleted. In some scenarios this is not allowed as it is a managed component. 

The short answer is that though you cannot restore the original application as you'd have to re-install the portal package and particularly need to import the Portal Base solution to restore the app definition.

However there is some hope. Deleting the app just deletes the model-driven app definition and not the entities and neither it's sitemap. So there is a way to create in few steps a custom app that works exactly like the out of box portal management if you haven't deleted the sitemap of this app. I just tried that and am attaching here a document ( Create Custom Portal Management App .docx) with steps to be followed. Please try this and let me know

@Yogesh_Gupta , @v-yutliu-msft - Please check this out too  

Highlighted
Advocate V
Advocate V

Hi @sandeepd 

This procedure works very well! Thank you I have my portal management app back!

Best regards

Bart

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (7,126)