Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulsnolan
Helper III
Helper III

Add edit/amend option to the entity list record drop-down

Hi All

We have a page that displays an entity list. Each record in this list has a drop-down as per the attached image. Clicking on the ‘View details’ option takes the user to a view details page. How do I add another option to this dropdown? We want the extra option to take the user to an amend/edit page

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

On the Entity List definition their is an Options tab, on that tab you will see a Grid Configuration section - this is where you add the item actions (edit, delete etc etc). 

Note: it is recommended if you use the grid configuration that you also use it for the Create and Details rather than the lookups you currently have populated (i.e. clear the lookups and add the items to the Grid Config).

Thanks Fubar

That worked a treat. Although it wasn't immediately obvious that the configuration looks like it is grouped under a type e.g. although I was adding an amend/edit page I had to add it as a Details entry so it appeared in the same drop down as the details option. Also the default text showed the same button text as for the detail page. This is overridden with the 'Button Label' in the Advanced settings. I also set a tooltip here.

I have one issue though. The edit/amend link was from a different column in the grid. I've removed the Edit section, but the link is still appearing in that column (seems to always be the first column). I've synced config and cleared cache, but it's still appearing. How can I disable/remove what appears to be a default link?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (36,033)