Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lizzha
Microsoft
Microsoft

Add "New" button to the lookup modal in web form

Hello community,

I have a web form step, which renders a form with couple of look up fields. I want to add the "New" button to the Lookup Modal from the page of the web form, so that I can create the lookup field value directly from the web form.

I set the below setting in the web form metadata for the lookup attribute, but it doesn't work. Though it's called "Entity Form for Create", only web forms can be selected.

lizzha_0-1617617314387.png

The similar setting works for entity form, is it supported in web form?

Thanks,

Liz

2 REPLIES 2
lizzha
Microsoft
Microsoft

If it's not supported in web form, is it possible to use javascript to launch an entity form in current page?

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Just tested out here and it seems that it doesn't work for Web Forms. For some reason the "Entity Form for Create" is pointing to a Web Form, which it should be an Entity Form.

This functionality seems to work fine for Entity Forms.. anyways, you can still add JS to the Modal Lookup and add a button or even custom Web API Code to create a new record for your Lookup.

I have an article on how to inject JS code to a Modal Lookup, so you can use that part of the code from this: http://oliverrodrigues365.com/2021/01/24/power-apps-portals-custom-lookup-filter/

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Welcome Super Users.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,434)