cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikello-6626
Helper III
Helper III

Advanced form steps - getting saved without submitting

I am facing a weird issue where I have configured a form to appear in steps (1st step being an "Insert" form and rest being "Edit" form getting result from previous step). As soon as details are entered in the 1st step and clicked on Next, a data is getting saved in the background irrespective of whether the form gets submitted. Is this expected behavior and if so, how do we manage complete and incomplete submissions?

@OliverRodrigues 

1 REPLY 1
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, yes that's the expected behavior.

on each "next step", the portals will send a post to your dataverse and update the data.

To deal with submissions, what I normally do is have a Status/Stage in my "Application" table, and set it to Draft by default, and then set to Submitted/Completed after the last step. Also I usually set a submit date normally.

You can set those via Form Metadata using the "Set Value on Save: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/configure-web-form-metadata

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Welcome Super Users.png

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (1,910)