cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sousou1

All functions of the pdf viewer suddenly stopped.

I was using pdf viewer with PowerApps.
Earlier, I tried to use the url to convert the thumbnails of the gallery control to pdf, and when I put it into Document, it showed up at first, but then stopped showing up.(https://masteroffice365.com/viewing-word-powerpoint-and-html-files-from-sharepoint-within-powerapps/)

Not only that, but the ones that used to be able to be displayed are no longer able to be displayed.
I couldn't see the sample document "https://blog.mozilla.org/security/files/2015/05/HTTPS-FAQ.pdf" or even "SamplePdf" anymore.
There is no error message, just nothing.

How can I use the pdf viewer like before?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Update: Opened my latest version of the new app and changed version to 3.21081.49 and all is well. Did the same with my old app and the pdf viewer is back.

Version 3.21081.49 seems to work for the pdf viewer and no container madness.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
mike-beckett
Helper I
Helper I

I noticed the same thing a few minutes ago. It has size, but it's invisible, even when visibility is turned on for it and its parent containers.

Version upgraded to 3.21083.28. Just ran my previous app (no layout containers) and the pdf viewer doesn't work there, either. So I don't think it's related to all the layout container horror. Previous app is saved with version 3.21083.25.

Rolled my new app back to 3.21081.49, but that eliminates all my edits since then. Pdf viewer works in that old version, so maybe opening and then changing back to 3.21081.49 might do the trick.

Update: Opened my latest version of the new app and changed version to 3.21081.49 and all is well. Did the same with my old app and the pdf viewer is back.

Version 3.21081.49 seems to work for the pdf viewer and no container madness.

View solution in original post

Thank you!
My app is now working fine. I'm so glad!
I'm afraid it won't work in future versions...

Tiago_Aparicio
Regular Visitor

Having exactly the same issue as of today, since the new version update! I'm running this for an important app for my company, and it is extremely important for me that this gets back to working as it was... Feel sorry for you guys. Let's hope microsoft solves this issue...

Could you please explain how can one continue to develop on the 3.21081.49 version? I had the same issue and all works fine if I revert my application to that version, but then it becomes impossible to keep working on that 3.21081.49 version as powerapps assumes the latest version...

mike-beckett
Helper I
Helper I

Open the app as normal. Select Settings, Support and you will see your app version. Below that, there is an Edit link with a pencil icon. From there, you can choose version 3.21081.49 and reload. You must do this every time you want to open in a lower version unless you set up a Powerapps url with an older version. Search the web for "useful powerapps urls" for info. 

On a separate note, version 3.21083.28 completely eliminated the layout container errors when opened in the editor. Hopefully, the pdf viewer issue is just a matter of fixing a visibility (or transparency?) issue. Mine seemed to have size (i.e., visible) but not there, as if the transparency was turned down to zero.

Thank you VERY MUCH sir Mike Beckett. Thank you.

Works perfectly for me, THANKS!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,865)