cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phineas
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Appropriate Permissions Error

Edited Version:  I've updated more the permission points; the error message has changed to "The record you are looking for counldn't be found."

So, now, I apparently have permission to see data that can't be found; is that about right?

Any ideas about what next to try? I am trying to create a black form in which the user can enter data. The form and the table are ready (and empty); so I should get a blank form rather than the error looking for data, yes?

Phineas_0-1637021290381.png

************************************************************************************************************************************

Anyone have any insight into how I can trackdown the cause of the following error.

Phineas_0-1637019599387.png

I'm developing a Portal in the 'trial' version. Everything works fine until I start creating my own forms and tables.

I'm assuming it to be a permissions isssue - as referenced in the message, but I can't see to isolate where.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
chleverenz
Super User
Super User

@Phineas ,

i usually receive the "The record you are looking for counldn't be found." problem, when i either forget to pass in the id of the required record via the id-parameter or i changed the name of the id parameter to something else.

This happened to me as an oob-problem, when you create an entitylist and define a details navigation and change the parametername from id to lets say cid. This used to be not respected by the entitylist and the parameter was passed as id. When the editform expects the cid parameter, you will get that error. 

This can be checked by carefully inspecting the get-parameters in the url.

Have fun,

Christian

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Phineas 

If you set table permissions properly, then can you also check the Form mode, I think you are doing the "Edit" mode instead of "insert" from your entity list. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

chleverenz
Super User
Super User

@Phineas ,

i usually receive the "The record you are looking for counldn't be found." problem, when i either forget to pass in the id of the required record via the id-parameter or i changed the name of the id parameter to something else.

This happened to me as an oob-problem, when you create an entitylist and define a details navigation and change the parametername from id to lets say cid. This used to be not respected by the entitylist and the parameter was passed as id. When the editform expects the cid parameter, you will get that error. 

This can be checked by carefully inspecting the get-parameters in the url.

Have fun,

Christian

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Users online (3,950)