cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ihabkhiri1
Regular Visitor

Associate Portal records

Hi community,

I am using the default account table within a portal. 

Within the account view > related > Accounts I can associate/dissociate other accounts which are related to the main account. 

Ihabkhiri1_1-1649952618214.pngIhabkhiri1_2-1649952618223.png

That is a feature I would like to enable on portal. Here Portal user (authenticated) should only see searchbox/look up in which they can search account name > associate and then see the account in their associated view. (chain partners) The record has to be linked to the parent account record.

I tried using the associated table, using the “account” column but that is already a primary column and cannot be changed into look up. I tried to create some kind of account N:N account relationship. 

Is there an easier to (dis) associate Account > Account without too much customizing the account table? Basically same way as you would in model driven app…

I cannot get head around it. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lachlanP
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have done something similar with a parent/child relationship within a single table. Try this:

• Create a new column in your account table
    • Call it something like "Parent Account"
    • Set type to "lookup" and lookup table as the account table
  • Add this new column/field to a form
  • Add this form to your list in the portal
  • Ensure the users you want have "append" and "Append to" permissions for this table in their web role

Let me know if you have issues with any of these steps

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
lachlanP
Advocate I
Advocate I

I have done something similar with a parent/child relationship within a single table. Try this:

• Create a new column in your account table
    • Call it something like "Parent Account"
    • Set type to "lookup" and lookup table as the account table
  • Add this new column/field to a form
  • Add this form to your list in the portal
  • Ensure the users you want have "append" and "Append to" permissions for this table in their web role

Let me know if you have issues with any of these steps

he man this was what I needed thanks!!

I end up using default parent account thats also being used in the account form model-driven. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (1,915)