Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeyzy123
Microsoft
Microsoft

Attach file in power apps portal

Hi all,

I'm trying to make my power app support file uploading and use that file in some workflow later. I followed some instruction, but it doesn't work, I could not see file attach input or button on my page. 

1. My case is not exactly same as the posts I found. Those instructions are talking about 'Entity Form', while in my case it's 'Web Form Step'. I see the same section 'Additional Functionality' -> 'File Attachment'. But in 'Web Form Step' this section doesn't have 'Attach File Save Option'.

2. What I followed are Set up notes as attachments for basic and advanced forms - Power Apps | Microsoft Docs and Solved: PowerApps Portals - Adding attachment to form - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com) . Enable Entity Permission checked, Attach File checked, Metadata Notes created.

Just found that I have to specifically create new permission for 'Notes' to make the attach button visible. Hope this could help those who may meet the same problem.

So now my questions are:

1. What's the difference between those 2 'Attach File Storage Location's ('Note Document' vs 'Azure Blob Storage')?

2. How can I consume the file uploaded? i.e. I have a cloud flow to trigger pipeline run, and in the pipeline script I need to use that uploaded file as an input param. 

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel News & Announcements 768460.png

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,651)