cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Attribute specified in the expression is expecting a Picklist. The value provided isn't valid.

Hi, I'm using Condition in the Web Form steps. I'm trying to use the drop down value in the condition and I don't see any document talk about that. I only see the example below 

[entity attribute logical name] [operand] [value]

Example:

new_categorycode = 750101

A condition can have multiple expressions. Parenthesis can be used to group nested expressions.

Examples:

new_categorycode = 750101 & gendercode = 2

new_categorycode = 750101 & (gendercode = 2 | gendercode = 3)

let me know if anyone else came across this issue.

Thanks,

-Sal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Well, the specified error shows that value that you are trying to use in the condition is not valid for the selected option set. Please validate that in the condition you are using the logical name of the field and that value you are using is a value, not a label. If everything that I specified previously is correct I would suggest you open a ticket with MS support as it would look like a bug.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Anonymous ,

By dropdown value you mean value from optionset (or choise as it named right now) or from lookup (as you can render it as a dropdown)? Can you tell us what type of field are you using in your condition?

If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I'm using choice field with two values in it and the error I'm getting is this:

Attribute specified in the expression is expecting a Picklist. The value provided isn't valid.

MyChoices have two values A and B and In condition I'm using syntax  MyChoices = A

Thanks,

-Sal

Well, the specified error shows that value that you are trying to use in the condition is not valid for the selected option set. Please validate that in the condition you are using the logical name of the field and that value you are using is a value, not a label. If everything that I specified previously is correct I would suggest you open a ticket with MS support as it would look like a bug.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tested with the logical name of the field but fail, I will reach out to the MS support.

Thanks,

-Sal

Helpful resources

Announcements
Carousel Community Blog

Check out the Community Blog

Read all about the most recent blogs in the community!

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Carousel News & Announcements

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

Users online (1,456)