cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esox76
Helper II
Helper II

Authentication using AD B2C signup (

Hi I'm getting a request to  provide my email again when I register using AD B2C on my portal. My sign up page capture the email address , verification number and passwords so im wondering why i have to then enter this email address again.  Am i missing something in my signup user flow that I have created that does not use the already entered email address

Esox76_1-1614091213945.png

Thanks Esox

3 REPLIES 3
OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

That error message doesn't make sense to me, a few things to check:

• do you already have a contact record with that e-mail address? can you test with one that you are sure it's unique?
  • do you have any plugins/workflow associated with the contact entity that could be somehow removing the e-mail address?
  • in your Azure AD B2C --> User Flows --> SignIn/SignUp --> Application Claims --> can you make sure you have "Email Addresses" selected?

OliverRodrigues_0-1614111796855.png

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi Oliver

There is already a unique  contact with their unique email address in dataverse.

There are no plugins removing any emails

My application claims  has Email address checked and so does the  user attributes

Thanks Esox

AdamP
Microsoft
Microsoft

If the user is already in the environment with the email you can use this setting Contact mapping with email.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (2,414)