cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NiallBraniff

Azure AD B2C after password reset I get redirected to portal error page

Hi everyone, I am trying to fix an issue I am facing where whenever a portal user resets their password, they get redirected to a portal error page.

Our PowerApps portals instance is using Azure AD B2C as an authentication provider. The Sign up/Sign in seems to be working fine, but we are having an issue with the password reset functionality. We are using a B2C user flow to manage the password reset. The password reset policy does seem to be working as users are able to reset their passwords successfully. However, after they reset the password they get directed back to a portal error page.

I have checked the Authentication/OpenIdConnect/tnibizhubB2C/ValidIssuers Site setting and it does match the user flow config.

Below are the steps that the users are taking:

1. click forgot password

2. enter email and receive verification code

3. submit verification code

4. enter new password

5. this directs me to the error page

My theory for this issue is that it is trying to log me into portal with my old password and not the new one, but I'm not sure if this is correct or even how to go about fixing it.

Any advice would be great,

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
alrez
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

My guess is that you have some cached information on your old account in your browser. If you try logging in using InPrivate/Incognito mode do you have the same issue? If you don't, you should be able to just clear your cookies/cache and you should be good to go.

Regards,

Alex

-------

Community Support Team _ Alex Rezac
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Alex,

Same issue occurs whenever I clear my cookies and use incognito mode. The user still gets sent back to the error page. I have started looking into changing where the password reset redirects you, in case I can have it bring you to the sign up/ sign in page on azure ad b2c, but sadly I don't think it is possible.

Hey @NiallBraniff did you solve this problem? I'm facing the same issue in my portal with password reset flow in Azure B2C.

OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @FlowHawk 

I worked separately with Niall on this one.. The issue here was due to a custom policy that was injecting the wrong URL when the user was resetting the password.

Would you have similar scenario in your case?

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

My user flows are standard out of the box. I've posted my issue in a new thread. Thanks for hopping in to help me there Oliver! Password Reset Redirects to "Sign In Failed" page - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (1,527)