Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Azure Application Insights for Power Apps Portal

Hi Experts,

I am trying to add the Application Insights for the Power Apps Portal. I have added the code which I found in the below document.

https://www.dancingwithcrm.com/powerappsportals-tracking-using-azure-app-insights/

But it is not working. Application insight does not show any updates when I log in or log out from the Portal.

Could anyone please suggest on this..

Thanks in advance..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Azure Application Insights for Power Apps Portal

Hi @MUser ,

After you paste a script to Enable Trafic Analysis try to open a portal in Portal Studio, press Sync Configurations and then check if the snippet was updated. If this doesn't help go to Content Snippets and search for Tracking Code snippet - when you first time added code to Enable Trafic Analysis system created that snippet. Check it out and if value there is different from what it should be update snippet directly and then clear the cache and check the portal.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MUser ,

Do you want to add the Application Insights for the Power Apps Portal?

I suggest you refer Microsoft official doc, which is more professional.

Here's a Microsoft official doc  about the feather that you want in details, please refer this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/application-insights

Please notice that to add this feather in powerapps portal, you need to:

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @v-yutliu-msft ,

Thanks for the reply. The document which you have shared is for the canvas app. In Power Apps Portal I am not able to find the App object where I can add the Instrumentation Key. Could you please suggest how can we add the Instrumentation Key for the Power Apps Portal?

Thanks in advance

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @MUser ,

Did you follow all the steps in my blog post that you were referring to? Before adding tracking code to the portal you need to create Azure Application Insights resource. Also in the article, after the code snippet, I specify where you can find your Instrumentation Key. Also, I update the article to include the link to the latest tracking code snippet as the one that I was using in the article (and still using right now in my Portals) was valid on the date when I was creating an article.

If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @OOlashyn ,

I had followed all the steps from https://www.dancingwithcrm.com/powerappsportals-tracking-using-azure-app-insights/ article and also added the instrumentation key to the code. But I am not able to get the tracking result on the application insights dashboard. Even after logging in to portal several time it does not show any updates on the user graph or events. Could you please suggest on this..

Thank you!

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @MUser ,

Did you clear the cache on the portal? I would advise you to check if the tracking snippet is present on the portal. Open your portal, open Developer tools, open Element view and at the end of the body tag, you should be able to see the tracking snippet code. If you don't see it there try to restart the portal.

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @OOlashyn ,

Thank you for the reply. I can find the tracking snippet code at the end of the body tag. But I do not get any updates on tracking in application insights. It shows 0 users even after logging in to the portal several times using different accounts.. No updates in events or sessions. I tried clearing cache as well. But it does not seem to be working..

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @MUser ,

This is really weird. I just tried to do all the steps on the new instance of the portal and everything worked for me. Make sure that instrumentation key in the tracking snippet is the same as the instrumentation key for your Azure application insights resource. Actions on the portal might not be reflected immediately - there might be a delay of up to 5 mins. Please check if you can see events right now - maybe you just checked to early. Also, you can try to restart the portal - maybe it will help. To do so go to Maker Portal (make.powerapps.com), open Apps, find your portal app, press 3 dots and select Settings, there select Administration to open portal admin panel, there go to Portal Actions and press Restart. 

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @OOlashyn ,

I observed that on the developer tool the portal is showing different key than the one which I have pasted on the Enable Traffic Analysis in the Portal Management app. How is this possible? I have saved it after pasting. Also I have restarted the portal and also cleared the cache. It is not working..

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi @OOlashyn ,

I also saw that after removing entire code snippet from the Enable Traffic analysis, I can find the code snipped on the developer tools for the page. How is this possible? Could you please suggest on this..

Thanks a lot!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Users online (6,556)