cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

Azure Application Insights for Power apps portal not working

hello Team,

we want to enable Application insights for our power apps portal. referred below link for setup the resources , and Enabled Public trafficing Analysis setting from portal management. still our analytics are not getting captured in application insights. link referred - https://www.dancingwithcrm.com/powerappsportals-tracking-using-azure-app-insights/  

am I missing anything here? our main requirement is to retrieve all currently logged in users for the account from application insights. is it achievable? where I can find documentation for this ?

thanks in advance! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Hi @PoojaD ,

In my article (that you referred ) I described everything that you need to enable AAI in Portal. If you followed all steps and analytics doesn't work you can check the next things: check if the code was added to your portal - open your portal, open developer tools and inspect page code - at the bottom of the page, you should be able to find script tag with tracking code.

If it is present verify that instrumentation key is correct.

If the code isn't present or it is an older version of the code you need to go to Portal Management app>Content Snippets and find Tracking Code snippet. It is a snippet that is created/updated when you update Enable Traffic Analysis section. Manually update it to the latest/correct version and then clear portal cache again and check if the code is present and if analytics work.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

Hi @PoojaD ,

In my article (that you referred ) I described everything that you need to enable AAI in Portal. If you followed all steps and analytics doesn't work you can check the next things: check if the code was added to your portal - open your portal, open developer tools and inspect page code - at the bottom of the page, you should be able to find script tag with tracking code.

If it is present verify that instrumentation key is correct.

If the code isn't present or it is an older version of the code you need to go to Portal Management app>Content Snippets and find Tracking Code snippet. It is a snippet that is created/updated when you update Enable Traffic Analysis section. Manually update it to the latest/correct version and then clear portal cache again and check if the code is present and if analytics work.

If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Hi @OOlashyn ,

Thank you for the solution its solved my problem and also your article was very useful.thank you so much!

now I am able to  see portal analysis on application insights. in your article I can see how to pass logged in user with user Id and accountId. Is there any way to retrieve currently logged in users for specific account? can you please help us with that?

Thanks,

Pooja

Hi @PoojaD,

Happy that my solution helped you. Can you tell me where exactly you would like to retrieve all logged users - inside Azure Application Insights or inside the Portal? If we are talking about Azure Application Insights you can check this official doc. If we are talking about do so in the Portal - I believe it is not possible.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Users online (39,666)