cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Azure blob storage with Customer Portal launched with D365 SCM

Hi Experts,

Hope you all are safe and healthy during this time.

I am new to the Portal world and Trying to customize a newly configured Self Service Customer portal with Dynamics 365 SCM.

While creating a Sales order header on the Customer Portal, I would like to attach documents on Azure Blob storage. Below are the steps that I have taken so far:

1. Added timeline on form "Customer Portal Sales Order Create Form" from CRM form edit option and published after saving.

2. Added Site settings: WebFiles/CloudStorageAccount and WebFiles/StorageLocation

3. Added Settings: FileStorage/CloudStorageAccount and FileStorage/CloudStorageContainerName

4. Added record for Entity form for form "Customer Portal Sales Order Create Form" and added Entity form meta data. Configured Attach File checkboxes on Additional settings.

5. Added similar steps as step 4 by creating a new Web form "Create Order" and configured Attach file checkboxes on LoadTab type properties.

6. Now when I create the Sales order header, I just see the "Choose files" option which prompts for a file when clicked.

7. Now, I need to know the next steps or any missing step so that I can post the attachment to azure blob and then later I can view same.

Regards,

Neeraj

So far I have been following the below links but they dont help upto completion of the requirement.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure-notes https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/enable-azure-storage

1 REPLY 1
nhayduk
MVP

Hi Neeraj,

I'd first start with trying to get one method going for file upload - the "Attach File" option and the Notes option are two different ways to accomplish file uploads. If you want users to see file they've uploaded, stick with Notes, so don't turn on the Attach File option on the Additional Settings.

Also, make sure that you have Entity Permissions correctly configured for both Notes and Sales Orders.

Otherwise, it sounds like you are on the right track. Can you described what you are seeing in your current configuration that is not working as you'd expect?

Nick

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,055)