Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rkeeran76
Helper I
Helper I

Barcode Scanner Populating SharePoint Data

Hello,

I have an app where I utilize the Barcode scanner. I am able to get the barcode button to populate the datacard text box, but when I go to edit the form the scanned data in the datacard does not show up. It is still there because if you were to save without editing this section it would show up in the detail form. Is there a way to get the scanned data to populate showing the user that the field has already been filled out and they dont need to edit it. I am able to show the scanned value data if the default for the text box is Parent.Default, but if I do this my scan button no longer populates the datacard text box if I need to overwrite what is already there. Vice versa if I have the datacard text box default set to scanValue 1 it will be able to scan and put in the data but will not show up when you go edit the form again.

Any thoughts or help would be great.

Here are some screenshots:

rkeeran76_0-1593240536128.png

rkeeran76_2-1593240648981.png

Thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rkeeran76 ,

Try to apply If/else logic to Default property of text box.

If(IsBlank(scanValue1), Parent.Default, scanValue1)

You also need to reset the scanValue1 variable, try to append the following code the OnSelect property of Check icon.

Set(scanValue1,Blank())

Please try it on to see if it makes sense for your case.

Sik

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rkeeran76 ,

Try to apply If/else logic to Default property of text box.

If(IsBlank(scanValue1), Parent.Default, scanValue1)

You also need to reset the scanValue1 variable, try to append the following code the OnSelect property of Check icon.

Set(scanValue1,Blank())

Please try it on to see if it makes sense for your case.

Sik

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,073)