cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SnehaPatil
Regular Visitor

Binding dropdown to another entity

Hi,

How can I bind the values of another entity to a dropdown in powerapps portal?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@SnehaPatil,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to retrieve data in the entity list from the Dropdown in the Portal?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario, is it in your Dynamics365?

If you want to repopulate the dropdown on a form in CRM Portals, I think the best solution is to use Entity Form Metadata.

To achieve this, you should add a lookup field in your account form.

dy1.png

Select a type to Attribute, and choose your organization lookup field, in my scenario, I use the custom field on the case form. 

And choose the Control style you need.

dy2.pngdy3.pngdy4.png

As an alternative solution, you could consider using JavaScript. Here is a user having a similar problem with you:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/Bind-values-from-entity-list-column-into-a-dr... 

Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
EmployeeOcta
Helper II
Helper II

You need to create the relationship between the entities and the data will automatically get populated.

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi@SnehaPatil,

Based on the issue that you mentioned, do you want to retrieve data in the entity list from the Dropdown in the Portal?

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario, is it in your Dynamics365?

If you want to repopulate the dropdown on a form in CRM Portals, I think the best solution is to use Entity Form Metadata.

To achieve this, you should add a lookup field in your account form.

dy1.png

Select a type to Attribute, and choose your organization lookup field, in my scenario, I use the custom field on the case form. 

And choose the Control style you need.

dy2.pngdy3.pngdy4.png

As an alternative solution, you could consider using JavaScript. Here is a user having a similar problem with you:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Power-Apps-Portals/Bind-values-from-entity-list-column-into-a-dr... 

Hope it could help.

Best Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call? Check out the recording here!

Users online (38,679)