cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ayo
Frequent Visitor

Bing map geolocation on an entity form

Hi,

I am using a trial environment (Plan 2 Trial) to build a portal with a Bing Map geolocation capability.

I have created an entity, a form, a Bing Maps account and key according to the steps laid out here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/add-geolocation

Where should I go to assign my key to this site setting: Bingmaps/credentials, a required step according to the article ?

My understanding is that I will also have to apply these steps Geolocation configuration for entity forms to provide the ability for the user to specify a location.

Where should I go/click to see the configuration section referenced here: "The Entity Form record has a configuration section that defines these field mappings that you must specify"

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
hardikv
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @ayo 

Where should I go to assign my key to this site setting: Bingmaps/credentials, a required step according to the article ?

When you are login in Dynamics 365, you can see "Portal Management" app as per below screenshot. Open "Portal Management" app.

PortalManagementApp.png

There will be "Site Settings" in left panel as per below screenshot. Click on NEW button to add Bingmaps/credentials settings.

SiteSettings.png

Name: Bingmaps/credentials

Value: Add your bing map key

--------------------------
If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your query, Mark as a Solution so it can help other people!

View solution in original post

Hi @ayo 

Where should I go/click to see the configuration section referenced here: "The Entity Form record has a configuration section that defines these field mappings that you must specify"

You should go to Entity Forms as per below screenshot and create new record(you can use your existing record as well, if you have).

Go to "Additional Settings" and you can see "GeoLocation" section at the end of the page.

Enable Geolocation by clicking the checkbox and select all the fields which is required for the address.

Map.png

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your query, Mark as a Solution so it can help other people!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
hardikv
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @ayo 

When you are login in Dynamics 365, you can see "Portal Management" app as per below screenshot. Open "Portal Management" app.

PortalManagementApp.png

There will be "Site Settings" in left panel as per below screenshot. Click on NEW button to add Bingmaps/credentials settings.

SiteSettings.png

Name: Bingmaps/credentials

Value: Add your bing map key

Hi @ayo 

You should go to Entity Forms as per below screenshot and create new record(you can use your existing record as well, if you have).

Go to "Additional Settings" and you can see "GeoLocation" section at the end of the page.

Enable Geolocation by clicking the checkbox and select all the fields which is required for the address.

Map.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Users online (2,064)