cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarrinerDev
Helper I
Helper I

Build a PowerApp Portal to allow external anonymous users to upload files to existing PowerApps system.

We've built a internal canvas PowerApp which uses Azure SQL to store its data and SharePoint to store file attachments. This all works well for our internal staff.

There has been a request from management to allow external members of the public to upload simple requests into this system. As part of the old system (pre-PowerApps) there is a Drupal-based web form which external anonymous users can fill in and optionally upload files (to a staging server). I think there are two approaches to migrating this form to work with our new PowerApp system:

(1) Build a PowerApp Portal to replace the old web form.

(2) Redirect the existing web form's HTTP POST output to point somewhere where our PowerApp system can pick it up. e.g. HTTP endpoint for a PowerAutomate Flow?

I've built a lot of canvas PowerApps on SQL/SharePoint but never used DataVerse or Portals. So my question for this Portal forum is whether Portals are an efficient way of achieving what we need? i.e. capture about 20 form fields and allow a user to upload one or more files and have this form data end up in SQL and the files in SharePoint?

If the direct Portal/DataVerse to SQL/SharePoint integration is a pain, then it could be a pull model whereby the PowerApp queries DataVerse store and we pull the content over manually.

Any thoughts on architecture or pro's/con's of Portal versus PowerAutomate HTTP call would be appreciated.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

PowerPlatform 768x460.png

Microsoft Learn

Check out our new Discover Your Career Path blog post series and get all the details.

Users online (994)