cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

CDS Portal Migration. Change web site bindings. XRM Records Mover

I can use the XRM records mover for a Portal from one Tenant to another and it's nearly 100%.

A website binding entry still refers to the old portal and I don't want to trip up further down the line. Should I do anything about this in the records move?

Also. adx_website / adx_primarydomainname has the name of the original xxx.powerappsportal.com site, should I modify this before the records move?

Many thanks, Richard 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

Re: CDS Portal Migration. Change web site bindings. XRM Records Mover

Hello, 

When you migrate portal configuration and records, there are chances that the website binding will be broken during the process. 

One method I will recommend is after the migration, you can reset the portal and re-provision it with the exact details and type of the old portal and make sure it is pointing to the same environment so you can get the exact same portal back. 

Doing this will recreate the website binding.

Kindly acknowledge if you find this useful. 

Regards, 

Michael Ogunsola 

CRM Support

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Hi

I would recommend not moving Website / Website Bindings between environment 

Both your Portals, from source and target environment should contain the same GUID for the website record, so every association should work fine, just un-check those entities from Portals Record Mover

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the guidance. There are two website record bindings in place but the site works fine. They both have the same website ID as shown on the attached.

In sequence I built a blank portal in the new environment, reset the site, did the move, built from blank, edited the domain name on the website record.

Should I delete a website binding record? or deactivate it to see what happens?

Thanks Richard

website-bindings.png

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks Oliver,

Next time I'll know better! For now I have two bindings and wonder whether I should leave alone or edit.

Cheers, Richard 

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

you can delete the extra one I believe, shouldn't cause any issues

if you want, you can export that website binding via records mover to have a backup in case anything goes wrong

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (5,924)