Did you mean: 
AndKanPA
Resolver I
Resolver I

CSS files access

Hello,

in my portal is using this themes options:

AndKanPA_0-1601906537765.png

This works as expected and all files are loaded, while a contact with web role "Administrators" is logged in or not logged in.

So files exist and are readable.
Located under https:/portaldomain/bootstrap.min.css

When a normal user logged in, CSS files not found (HTTP error 404), because looked for in
https://portaldomain/css/bootstrap.min.css.map

Why? And more important: How to fix?

Thanks,

AndKan.

7 REPLIES 7
OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

hi

I actually think the why is very important here, but I don't have the answer.

Any .css files are loaded by default from the Portals, and the normal bootstrap should be available for logged in users as well.

My suggestion would be opening a Support Ticket with MS so they can investigate what might be happening

A few things you can check is:

• clear the cache
  • try in multiple browsers / in-private sessions
  • restart portals via Admin Center --> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/admin/admin-overview
    • be careful cause there is a restart and a reset.. what you want here is the first option in the Portal Actions (restart).. this will just to an Azure App Service restart and won't delete any configuration data

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

justinburch
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @AndKanPA,

Have you changed the bootstrap.min.css file or added customizations for external frameworks/libraries? From what I can tell, the default file (older version) doesn't reference a map file and I've typically only seen this when working with AngularJS for Dynamics Marketing applications.

I modified only the default font size in bootstrap.css
No framework .
I added an additional CSS file.

It works for admins, but users get wrong referenced files.

@OliverRodrigues

Cache or not, it makes no sense at all - for me.

Seems, this issue depends on page template.

"Home" uses template "Blank page", all files are loaded correctly.
Another page uses my self created page template and not all CSS are loaded.

Simple, but not nice solution: 

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/bootstrap.min.css">

added into page template.

So I have to change my question: How to integrate customized page template in portal theme?

Thanks,

AndKan

Hi @AndKanPA,

All CSS files are applied automatically - I'm starting to wonder if this isn't a new product bug, due to another issue being raised in this forum. Some tips to keep in mind:

1. Files should be named & partial URL should end in ".css"
  2. Files will apply to the page you make the Parent Page and all of its Child Pages - if its global, make the Parent Page "Home"
  3. Make sure the Publishing State is Published and the Display Order is appropriate

I assume all 3 have been followed and suggest you reach out to Microsoft.

Hi @AndKanPA 

can you please share your template where you are seeing this issue. I am assuming when you click on browse and go to portal page, that time you are seeing this issue.  It will be helpful if you can share step by step details to repro this issue. 

Thanks,

Neeraj Nandwana

But I see now, it works without this workaround.

It fixes itself ... no idea why or what happens.

I dont find any .map in source code anymore.

Thanks,

AndKan.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Users online (87,722)