cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper IV
Helper IV

Can I use WebAPI in Production environment

Hello 

Can I use WebAPI module in Production environmet?

For US region am getting 9.2.6.65 version when I create new Portal

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/web-api-perform-operations

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/working-with-experimental-preview

From above links I understand that I can start migrating my existing apps to WebAPI but need to confirm about production environment.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User II
Super User II

Hi

Technically speaking, yes you can. And as long as your production Portal is in the minimum version, it will work.

The question is, should you?

• This is in preview mode, and Microsoft could in theory change at any time, even cancelling the feature and removing it completely 
  • I am also not sure you would get support for this feature if needed

So consider the above for your implementation

My personal opinion, it's very unlikely at this stage that Microsoft would make dramatic changes to the API.. so I would go ahead and use it in production but keeping those in mind and letting my customer know

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User II
Super User II

Hi

Technically speaking, yes you can. And as long as your production Portal is in the minimum version, it will work.

The question is, should you?

• This is in preview mode, and Microsoft could in theory change at any time, even cancelling the feature and removing it completely 
  • I am also not sure you would get support for this feature if needed

So consider the above for your implementation

My personal opinion, it's very unlikely at this stage that Microsoft would make dramatic changes to the API.. so I would go ahead and use it in production but keeping those in mind and letting my customer know

------------

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Users online (76,704)