cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greg_v
Regular Visitor

Can't find chart ID for Power portal

Hi,

I have some data on CDS for which I would like to create a pie chart that appears on a Power portal. I have been following the instructions provided under https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/add-chart. I have created the view for the chart in the entity without issues, however I can find no option to export the chart as xml in order to get it's id and create the relevant liquid tag.
The only options I have for the chart is to "save as" (only choice available is to change the name) or to delete it. Also the view I have of the interface is nothing like the one in the instructions provided (screenshot of what I see when editing the chart attached).

Could anyone help with this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
OOlashyn
Super User
Super User

Hi @greg_v ,

According to official docs (check docs for detailed images ) you need to open chart inside the app not inside the chart editor. Open any app that has your chart, open the chart, select More command (3 dots) and select Export.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

@greg_v id in the exported file and in URL are the same. The export functionality is for more complicated scenarios when for example you need to modify XML of your chart and upload it back to the system. 

If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

4 REPLIES 4
OOlashyn
Super User
Super User

Hi @greg_v ,

According to official docs (check docs for detailed images ) you need to open chart inside the app not inside the chart editor. Open any app that has your chart, open the chart, select More command (3 dots) and select Export.

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @greg_v ,

The article means you need to add the chart into a Model-Driven App, and Export the chart from Show Chart Tab.

Please see.Snipaste_2020-06-02_11-33-06.png

Hope this helps.

Sik

Thank you for the help, I didn't realise this had to go through an app, though indeed it was in the title (but nowhere in the explanations below).

What I find interesting in my case, and I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, is that the id is actually also present in the URL of the chart editor (the URL of the editor has a part that goes id=xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx which is identical to the id of the xml). If it's not a coincidence I don't see the point the chart should come from a existing app rather than directly being inserted in the portal from the chart designer as this would be easier when working on the portal.

Having said that, I still haven't managed to get the chart to show on the portal as I get a "You don't have the appropriate permissions." warning so far… Oh well still some research to do.
Thank you for your prompt answer in any case.

@greg_v id in the exported file and in URL are the same. The export functionality is for more complicated scenarios when for example you need to modify XML of your chart and upload it back to the system. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,660)