Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Can't view SharePoint docs in Portal page

Hi all!

I'm following this instruction: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/manage-sharepoint-documents

As in my CDS there is no Case entity I do all steps for Account entity.

In the result I'm able to upload documents into SharePoint library, but I can't see uploaded documents in my Portal page.

Moreover I have some differents:

1) If I use Edit mode i get an error "The record you are looking for couldn't be found." So I can use only View mode.

2) I have different interface for uploading documents (see bellow)

Could you please help me to understand what should I do additionally to see uploaded docs from SharePoint on my Portal page?

upload.png

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Re: Can't view SharePoint docs in Portal page

@KChI'm facing same error and I also use Account entity

Please share the steps if your error is resolved @KCh 

Best Regards

Sumaira

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@Sumaira @KCh  the snapshot above looks more like an attachment via notes than SharePoint upload

can you see your file as a note in the Account record? --> if yes this is not expected, please go through the documentation again

can you see your file in sharepoint? --> if yes, check entity permissions and all the other steps from the documentation

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Highlighted
Helper III
Helper III

Hi all!

@OliverRodrigues I can see files in the SharePoint Library (not in the entity's notes). And I've checked all steps from the documentation - all was done.

@OliverRodrigues @Sumaira I found an interesting thing: I repeated all steps for my second Portal with the entity "Case" (like in the documentation) and received the correct result. But! My 2 Portals are not the same:

1) My first portal (where I can't achieve the correct result) is "Starter Portal". My second portal is "Customer Self-Service" Portal

2) First portal I created from blank. Second portal I created from template

3) First portal was created in the trial tenant with trial Power Apps license. Second portal was created in another tenant with paid license (not in trial period)

4) Environment where first portal was created has CDS without Dynamics 365 apps. Environment where second portal was created has CDS with Dynamics 365 apps.

5) In portal settings for the first portal I have no entity forms for "edit". In portal settings for the second portal I have an entity form for edit, but only one - for the Case entity

So, I think that it is depends on what kind of portal we are using. I'm afraid that for Starter Portal there are no possibility to make integration with SharePoint with all features. Or maybe we should create an edit form in Model Driven app? But how? I can create only form for create a new record, but not for edit...

Highlighted
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

@KChDid you find any solution to it?

If so please share the details with me.

I'm still struggling

Best Regard,

Sumaira Noor

Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

@Sumaira @KCh can you add a snapshot of the portal page with your form?

what issue are you still facing? 

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Users online (7,419)