cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VSJadhav
Helper II
Helper II

Can we stop/restrict 2nd logged-in session of same login account when 1st is already logged-In

Hi Team,

I seen that one user account can be logged-In on two different browsers at same time.
Is it possible to stop or restrict 2nd logged-In when 1st one already logged-In?
Or can we able to show any message(or email to notify) as "Same account already logged-In" to that user at login time?

Thanks,
Vaibhav
2 REPLIES 2
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

I don't think that would be possible, but must confess it's an unusual requirement.

Sessions should always run independently, so signing in with different browsers / at the same should be supported on usually any web application.

If you still need it, I would look into the following:

• Setup Azure Insights to track user's activities
  • When a new login happens, you can perhaps query via API the activity of the user on Azure Insights
  • If there is recent activity, you can redirect them to the logout page / display a message

I don't know if the above is possible to achieve, that's just what I would look into, but again.. I would fight back on this requirement, doesn't seem like a web standard thing to be doing

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

VaibhavSJadhav
Regular Visitor

@OliverRodrigues Thanks for your valuable response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Users online (1,919)