cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrenfloyd666
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Can you edit the Power Apps Portal profile page?

Morning

New to the Power Apps Portal. I've enabled the LinkedIn log in and was wondering if there's any way to change the Profile Page so that you could hide the Public Profile Copy field or even get rid of the page all together? Thanks in advance

8 REPLIES 8
timl
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @darrenfloyd666 

The answer to this is in the Model Driven Portal Management App.

You can deactivete the profile page, and then modify the header web template to remove any menu links to the profile page.

image.png

Thanks @timl how would I access that?

Hi @darrenfloyd666 

If you log onto your maker portal and go to your app list, you should see a model driven app called Portal Management.

https://make.powerapps.com/home 

Once you open this, you should get the gist of what to do as you'll be able to find the HTML markup that corresponds to the profile page, and you can then edit that as you see fit.

OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Hi, you can make changes to the form from your D365/CDS environment.. I am not sure if there are any implications on deactivating the Profile Web Page, as there are some redirects to that page throughout the Portal

You can easily remove the Public Profile and other fields in your form

The documentation is quite extensive: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/model-driven-apps/create-design-forms

simply go to make.powerapps.com --> solutions --> create your own as best practice --> add the Contact entity --> add the existing form Profile Web Form

open the form and make the changes you need

to hide the "contact preferences" you can change the Site Settings Profile/ShowMarketingOptionsPanel value to false

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Thanks @OliverRodrigues  Followed the steps you have mentioned. 

Now I have my custom solution to replace the profile form.  Still couldnt see the new fields which I have added. What I am doing wrong. Please advise.

@darrenfloyd666 did my previous answer help with your issue? if yes can you mark as the solution to users can find in case they are facing the same issue 😉

@ragavanrajan might be worth to start a new thread for your issue

you can't see the new fields in the solution? or when editing the form? can you add a snapshot in the new thread? thanks

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Sure @OliverRodrigues  creating new thread. Please help

MRown
Frequent Visitor

Hi Darren,

Yes - I have successfully managed to remove the public profile copy section from the profile page by going to:

Tables > Contact (table) > Forms (tab) > Profile Web Form (Main)

Expand the Tree View (on the left) > General (expand)> Name (expand) >

choose the "Public Profile Copy" and on the toolbar press the "bin icon" for delete.

Save & publish.

sync configurations (through studio editor) - you might need to empty portal cache to see the change by going to www...portaladdress....com/_services/about and click clear cache.

hope this works, 

thanks,

Rowan

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Users online (76,754)