cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PAppsDev01
Regular Visitor

Change Favicon of a Portal

Hello everyone, 

I need some help setting up a favicon for my Portal. I have tried two different ways but none seem to be working.

First thing I did was set up a favicon.ico on Dynamics 365 Portal Management -> Web Files and choose my website and added the favicon on the "Notes Tab". Didn't work.

The next thing I did was heading to the "Web Page" separator, choose my Homepage, scroll to Miscellaneous and set the image, choosing the favicon.ico.

PAppsDev01_0-1636023442668.png

I also tried to clear the cache and even restarted the portal but still no luck.

Both tries failed since my portal still fails to present the favicon I choosed. Any other way of doing this?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @PAppsDev01 

Please try the below method 

In Portal management: 

1. Under content > Web Files > New > "favicon.ico". The screenshot below for reference 

Note: Make sure you select "Home" as parent page 

ragavanrajan_0-1636076956604.png

2. Hit Save 

3. In Notes > attach file > add your ".ico" file (favicon.ico") 

4. Save and Close 

In portal studio: 

1. Sync Configuration > Browse website > Ctlr + F5 twice > to see your new fav icon 

Output: 

ragavanrajan_1-1636077126563.png

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @PAppsDev01 

Please try the below method 

In Portal management: 

1. Under content > Web Files > New > "favicon.ico". The screenshot below for reference 

Note: Make sure you select "Home" as parent page 

ragavanrajan_0-1636076956604.png

2. Hit Save 

3. In Notes > attach file > add your ".ico" file (favicon.ico") 

4. Save and Close 

In portal studio: 

1. Sync Configuration > Browse website > Ctlr + F5 twice > to see your new fav icon 

Output: 

ragavanrajan_1-1636077126563.png

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Thank you, it was the parent page that was not correct. Now it is working as intended. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, i already set the favicon notes but still doesnt work at me. Anything wrong with my setting?

yasintamalia_0-1649221824495.png

Hi @Anonymous 

Please check the below article 

https://link.medium.com/hIfkVUmWZob. Also you can see my YouTube video if icon is not updating. 

Hope it helps.

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,571)