cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fouad
Level: Powered On

Check Room is Busy or Available

Dear Community,

I'm trying to create a app that shows a red or green bullet if a room in our organization is either available or busy. All our calendar rooms are open to see if there are scheduled events. I am sure that I need to add the Office 365 Outlook connector to make this happen. However I don't know what command I need to use to make this happen.

Help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Fouad

Re: Check Room is Busy or Available

I can't seem to find a command that shows a specific room mail adress, I can only view my calendar by

Office365Outlook.CalendarGetTables().value

Things I've tried

• Skype for Business connector - Limited amount of commands (still in preview)
  • Tried adding the room address to my standard calendar (but it doesn't show in PowerApp)

image2.PNG

image1.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Fouad ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to list available Calendar Rooms of your Outlook in your PowerApps app?

If you want to list available Calendar Rooms of your Outlook in your PowerApps app, I think the Office365Outlook.GetRoomsV2() function could achieve your needs.

I have made a test on my side, please consider take a try with the following workaround:

2.JPG

Add a Dropdown control in your app, set the Items property to following:

Office365Outlook.GetRoomsV2().value

set the Value property to name.

In addition, I think the "Book A Room" or "Book a Room (new)" template app in PowerApps could help in your scenario:

3.JPG

Within the OnVisible property of the RoomSelectScreen, you will find the formula to look up for available rooms in your Outlook:

4.JPG

Please consider take a try with above template app, then check if it could help in your scenario.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Fouad

Actually that was a good advice. Book a Room has a feature that shows the availability of a room during the day. I've done a little experiment and tried to get the same thing working. Thing is I want the circle red if the room is busy or green if the room is available.

I have to ability to get all the room emailadresses viewed...

Thing now is I need to see if the room has scheduled events and if they're scheduled then the circle should be red.. if not available.

Would love to see some more help to the right direction here. Something in the direction of getting data from SharePoint if possible.

Highlighted
Fouad

I want a Live list of the availability of our room calendars not our personal Outlook calendars. So I can split them up in Available or Busy and then I would be able to make a Green or Red circle out of that code.

I have in the attachments a few pictures for a better view. Help to the right direction would be appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Users online (6,071)