cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wikap_dk

Confused on Portal licensing - external authenticated login ...

Dear Forum / Microsoft.

I've been in CRM area for many years and have a customer, where we have set up an Portal for Knowledge Article sharing to external users who need to login to reaad the articles.

They are on the Sales Enterprise license, where a portal is allowed included in the price.

BUT here is my question: Is it true that only 100 monthly external logins are included in the price, and that we need to buy extra logins at the cost of USD 2 PER login?

This is an excessive price increase for running the portal, and even when I'm from Denmark, where we probably have the highest stamp prices in the world for sending a normal snail-mail, I can't believe that my customer now has to pay a USD 2 stamp price for ONE login (yes I read about the 24 hour rule, but this is not relevant to my customers portal). So I guess the new license prices would throw the customer in the arm of Zendesk 😞 

Please help me clarify with a simple answer 🙂

1 REPLY 1
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wikap_dk ,

Could you please share a bit more about the Sales Enterprise license? Do you mean that the Dynamics Sales?

Actually, the Power Apps Portal License is added as a Add-On under Power Apps License. If you want to access Power Apps Portal, you must own proper Power Apps License firstly.

Note: The Dynamics Sales Enterprise License include limits of Power Apps feature. Please check the following article for more details:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq#dynamics-365

More details about the Portal License, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/powerapps-flow-licensing-faq#portals

For External user (authenticated) in your Portal, you need to purchase proper SKU names listed as below:

4.JPG

Currently, there is no doc mentioned about how many logins the Sales Enterprise license provided for External Authenticated Login type. If you would like to get further help in this issue, please consider submit an assisted support ticket through the following link:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (2,491)