cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phineas
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Connect to Existing Data in Power Portals

Is there a way to access existing data through Power Apps Portals/CDS/Dataverse?

Below is list of ficticious assessments I am displaying in a Power Apps Portal page. I created all of the assessment new adn stored them in the CDS.

I have an Excel spreadsheet that has hundreds of line of data that I'd like to display instead of the ficticious data.

Phineas_0-1641493551230.png

How do I get the data in the Excel document into CDS so that I can access it from here...

Phineas_1-1641493786026.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Phineas 

The simple way I would think is to use Dataflows

You can easily generate your entity and map each column to a field. Clear instructions are in the official URL. 

1. Log into https://make.powerapps.com/ 

2. Choose your environment 

3. Dataflows > "New DataFlow" 

4. Choose an Excel Spreadsheet as the data source 

5. You can use PowerQuery if you need any modifications 

6. Map the appropriate fields to relevant columns 

7. Click OK 

All your 20,000 records will be imported. You can also use  "Data Import ++" from the XRM toolbox to achieve this need. Once done. You can display the data as an entity list. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @Phineas 

The simple way I would think is to use Dataflows

You can easily generate your entity and map each column to a field. Clear instructions are in the official URL. 

1. Log into https://make.powerapps.com/ 

2. Choose your environment 

3. Dataflows > "New DataFlow" 

4. Choose an Excel Spreadsheet as the data source 

5. You can use PowerQuery if you need any modifications 

6. Map the appropriate fields to relevant columns 

7. Click OK 

All your 20,000 records will be imported. You can also use  "Data Import ++" from the XRM toolbox to achieve this need. Once done. You can display the data as an entity list. 

Hope it helps. 
------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (6,067)