Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NathanMowat
Helper I
Helper I

Contact Us page

HI,

I'm just wondering what the simplest way is to set up a 'contact us' page on my portal where users can send me an email via a short form (e.g. Name/Subject/Description). I have checked out the email entities and think this is a decent option, but I don't know how to link it to my email so I can receive user messages when they submit the form. 

If anyone can help that would be great!!

Thank you 

Nathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @NathanMowat 

I believe the page mentioned by @hardikv is probably only available in the Customer Service Portal or Partner Portal, if you have a Starter Portal (blank portal) you may not have that as the Lead entity is not even available. 

In the end the Contact Us page is a very simple page, I would suggest creating a custom entity for capturing name/email/message and display that in the Portal, allowing anonymous user to create records. Check here how to create entity forms: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/entity-forms#:~:text=Add%20a%20fo...

If it makes sense for you creating a contact directly, you don't event need the custom entity, it is up to you.

You need to know in terms of business process what you will do with that information, do you plan to convert to a contact? create a login, etc etc.. those questions might help you define next steps

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
hardikv
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @NathanMowat 

PowerApps Portals provides default Contact Us page. On submit of Contact Us page, lead record will be created in your CDS/Dynamics 365.

I suggest you that use by default Contact Us page for your requirement and create a workflow which will send an email to your email address on create of lead record. You can add all the details of lead in email body.

--------------------------
If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your query, Mark as a Solution so it can help other people!

Thank you for your response!!

This sounds great, how will I go about adding this default contact us page as it is not currently part of my portal?

Thank you.

Hi @NathanMowat 

I believe the page mentioned by @hardikv is probably only available in the Customer Service Portal or Partner Portal, if you have a Starter Portal (blank portal) you may not have that as the Lead entity is not even available. 

In the end the Contact Us page is a very simple page, I would suggest creating a custom entity for capturing name/email/message and display that in the Portal, allowing anonymous user to create records. Check here how to create entity forms: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/entity-forms#:~:text=Add%20a%20fo...

If it makes sense for you creating a contact directly, you don't event need the custom entity, it is up to you.

You need to know in terms of business process what you will do with that information, do you plan to convert to a contact? create a login, etc etc.. those questions might help you define next steps

------------

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

Hi @OliverRodrigues 

Thank you for your detailed response, i appreciate it. The plan is for customers to contact us with interest in joining the portal. We then sort out payments etc, and provide them an invitation code. Therefore, as you suggested, i will create a simple custom entity using the documents you provided. Thank you!!

Hi @OliverRodrigues 

I have successfully created the entity form, thank you for your assistance. I just had a final question, Where will I be able to view the data that users have submitted from this form? i.e. where will the name/email/message be stored and how do I access that?

Cheers. 

Nathan

it will be all stored in your CDS and you can view it via model-driven app

you can create your own app with just the entities / view / dashboards you would like to see:

OliverRodrigues_0-1597748966974.png

there are plenty of guides / videos you can find online.. this one might have more information than you need but it's a good one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx23r3IdO3Q

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Users online (2,015)