cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Content Management System for Power Apps Portals?

My company is considering building a client-facing PA portal where users can retrieve information about our products and view documentation.  I'm hoping we can build some online help content into the portal which can be called (or at least linked to) from within our applications.  Ideally, I'd like to use a content management tool (such as Madcap Flare or Paligo) to publish content directly to the portal, but I'm not sure if that's possible.  I know portals can store documents (similar to a SharePoint library) and that you can create "articles," which are fairly similar to the online help content I'd like to create.  Does anyone know if there are any tools that allow content to be managed within the PA portal (I'm aware of the WYSIWYG editor), but I'd like to use an external tool that would allow publishing (such as HTML) in order to better manage the content.  Does anyone know if any such tools exist?

3 REPLIES 3
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi

Power Apps Portals is fully integrated with CDS, and that's your database.

whatever other platform you want to integrate with the Portals, you should look as integrating with CDS/D365 as that's the source of the Portal data.

As an example, let's say you have a news & announcements page where you are rendering Content Snippets of that type (you can create a custom field or have a naming convention for example) and then your integration can create new Content Snippets that would be rendered in that page.

Is that what you need?

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Hi @OliverRodrigues , yes, this is what I would like to do.  Whether this is a separate page (unlikely), or some space on existing page (additional column, ticker tape, etc) is to be decided.

A. how to create the content in CDS

B. how to call it to the page

Example or tutorial to follow would help.

Thanks in advance

Darren

Hi @DarrenPlant , 

Just adding few references to help you in creating content snippet

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/portals/configure/customize-content-snippets 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOMDrFu46O4&ab_channel=EngineeredCode  

Once you created your content snippet You have many options you can insert in to your web page or create web templates and reutilize it. 

Hope it helps. 

------------

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Users online (3,305)