cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mvdb
Advocate I
Advocate I

Create joint view of records made by external users of same organization

I have a portal where external users can create, view and edit their own records. Now I want a secundary view where the external users can view all of the records of the external users related to their organisation.

I added a field 'organisation' to combine the records at the 'contact'-level, but it doesn't seem to work. Should I add a field to my records-entity (that contains the organization) and fill it with a script, but than the script would have to know to which organisation a contact-user belongs. How can I best address this problem? Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

Hi, is your "Organisation" represented by the Account table? 

and if yes, are you using the OOB relationship "Parent Customer" to assign an Organisation to a Contact record?

if yes to all above, you can resolve this issue with Entity Permissions + Web Roles.

Create an additional Entity Permission and a new Web Role, set the entity permission scope to Account and point to your Organisation relationship. Assign the new permission to a new Web Role (a new Web Role might be required so it won't conflict to the existing one).. also you probably want only a certain group of users to have the "extra" access, so you might have to work a process/workflow to assign the Web Role to specific users

hope this makes sense

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

mvdb
Advocate I
Advocate I

Thank you for answering @OliverRodrigues 

My external users are by default saved as a contact in the Contact-table, the users that are connected to the records created by these external users is 'SYSTEM' by default for ALL external users. So the answer to your first question is unfortunately: No.

Fubar
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You can use Metadata on the forms (its a related entity to the Entity Form etc) to save the portal user (contact) and their account.

OliverRodrigues
Super User II
Super User II

please take a look at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_l_AXBJjxo

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (51,955)