cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JD12

Create record on dataverse with external users without authentication ?

Hi, 

I need to know if it's possible for external users not authenticated on Portal are abilities to create cases / Tickets on Dataverse ? 

For exemple, i'm an external user, i want to go to the portal without authentication and create un ticket by a simple form. This ticket will be created automatically in Dataverse (customer service model driven app). 

Is that possible ? 

Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Manar
Super User
Super User

Hi @JD12 ,

Short answer Yes. you can. here is what you need to do:

1-Uncheck enable table permission on the entity form , which will allow users to access without authentication (noticed that MSFT will fight you for it and will keep reminding you to keep this enabled)

Manar_0-1647031653136.png

2-add the entity form on a page 

Manar_2-1647031799394.png

3- click on browse to see the form in the page and fill it without logging in

Manar_1-1647031768149.png

Manar_3-1647031872046.png

and the case will be created in Dataverse

Manar_4-1647032221923.png

HOWEVER, there is a risk that you need to be aware of , Cases will always ask for Contact and Customer (Company) and if you allow unauthenticated customers to fill in this form then you will need to allow them to select their Contact/Company which is a bit tricky as you cant guarantee wrong entry.

Once suggestion, you can create a custom entity that will only take couple text fields and display it on the portal to let customers submit it and extract info from it to create cases in the backend

Let me know if that helps

Thanks

Manar

Thank you,
Manar

If you like this post, give it aThumbs Up. Where it solved your query, mark it as a SOLUTION so it can help other people!
ragavanrajan
Super User
Super User

Hi @JD12 

Completely agree with @Manar . By April month Microsoft will push an update to make the table permissions mandatory. So most likely your external users will need to log in.  The modern solution I would think is to integrate a power virtual agents into your portal. 

1. Allow your users to initiate the conversation with your chatbot 

2. Let the bot create a ticket on behalf of your external (not -authenticated) users. 

Hope it shed some light for you. 

------------

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel News & Announcements 768460.png

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,419)