Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sserrano13
Helper I
Helper I

Custom Connector for Power Apps Portals

Hello all, 

I am working with a data integration in my Portal.

I am using data flow to create or update information in my CDS entity. This information comes from the Dynamics AX database.

Is it possible to sync on the fly, or the only option I have is to increase my refresh time on the data flows. ¿Could I use something like the custom connector how it is used in Power Apps?

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Okay, so I think in your scenario you don't really need to worry much about the Portals itself. 

Power Apps Portals only renders data from your Dataverse, so I guess the thing here is how to integrate Dynamics AX with Dataverse I guess.

Is your Dataflow coming from a PowerBI? and do you have any issues with the current implementation?

My initial guess here is that if you have a small subset of data, you could move your data integration to a Power Automate Flow, but not sure would be best approach if you have a large set of data.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Power Apps Portals Super User

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Hi, if you are triggering (directly or indirectly) a Power Automate Flow via Portals, the data changes caused by your Flow will always run in the background and this won't be synced to the Portals straight away.

You will face up to 15 min for the cache to be cleared. 

There are a few custom approaches to take but not very straight forward, a recent article from Nick Doelman might help: https://readyxrm.blog/2021/01/05/using-the-power-apps-portals-webapi-to-clear-the-portal-cache/

My opinion I would consider changing your Flow to a sync D365 Plugin/Workflow. If you trigger a sync job via Portals, this will make sure the cache is invalidated within the same transaction.

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Oliver Rodrigues

sserrano13
Helper I
Helper I

Hello Oliver thanks for your response. 

Although my question was not exactly that. You have answered another question I had, thank you very much!

What I mean is that the data that I have in dataverse comes from Dynamics AX through a data flow that calls a WebApi, this data flow is sync one time at day. Is it possible not to use the data flow to fill the dataverse tables and to do it in another way, for example via a custom connector? Or the only way I have to synchronize this information is by making the data flow synchronize in less time.

Thanks!

OliverRodrigues
Super User
Super User

Okay, so I think in your scenario you don't really need to worry much about the Portals itself. 

Power Apps Portals only renders data from your Dataverse, so I guess the thing here is how to integrate Dynamics AX with Dataverse I guess.

Is your Dataflow coming from a PowerBI? and do you have any issues with the current implementation?

My initial guess here is that if you have a small subset of data, you could move your data integration to a Power Automate Flow, but not sure would be best approach if you have a large set of data.

Oliver Rodrigues

View solution in original post

Hello Oliver,

Thanks for your answer.

You have cleared up the doubts I had and you have helped me a lot.

Integration with Dataverse should not be a problem, and I also take into account what you say, that it is not recommended to use Power Automate Flow if we have a lot of data.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Microsoft Ignite 768x460.png

Find your focus

Explore the latest tools,training sessions,technical expertise, networking and more.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,504)