cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anlai
Regular Visitor

Custom Entity List for Articles default hyperlink uses id instead of articlepublicnumber

Hi there, 

We have a scenario where we want a list of particular articles for a product (controlled by a view in Dynamics) to show in the portal, and also be able to click on the hyperlink and view the article details.

I've created an Entity List with a view of what we want, but the auto hyperlink to that article uses the record ID in Dynamics, and not the public article number on the portal. For example:

knowledgebase/article/?id=0b13a12d

This is the path I'm wanting, using the Public Article Number:
knowledgebase/article/KA-01254/

I found the "ID Query String Parameter Name' that has 'id' by default, that only controls the prefix before the article ID, not what should be used.  

For example:

knowledgebase/article/?articlepublicnumber=0b13a12d-8ccf-e911-a812-000d3a99e2 instead of

knowledgebase/article/?id=0b13a12d-8ccf-e911-a812-000d3a99e2

Is there a way to configure that to use the public number instead or if there is another way to accomplish this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OOlashyn
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anlai ,

Default entitylist uses id property by default and unfortunately we cannot change that behavior (at least to my knowledge). What you can do is to create a web template to render your own entitylist (see official example) and there you can define link with whatever parameter you like.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
OOlashyn
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anlai ,

Default entitylist uses id property by default and unfortunately we cannot change that behavior (at least to my knowledge). What you can do is to create a web template to render your own entitylist (see official example) and there you can define link with whatever parameter you like.

----------------------------------------------------
If you find this post helpful consider marking it as a solution to help others find it.
Anlai
Regular Visitor

Thank you @OOlashyn that was very helpful, I was able to change the URL of a custom Web Template as follows: 

I just replaced: href="{{ entitylist.detail_url}}?{{ entitylist.detail_id_parameter }}={{ e.id }}"

With:  href="{{ entitylist.detail_url}}{{ e.articlepublicnumber }}"

Works a charm.  Now for getting the page formatting sorted as it's very wide, but your link also had more information on Liquid and how to configure the page further.  Thanks, you were a great help! 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Carousel News & Announcements 768460.png

What's New in the Community?

Check out the latest News & Events in the community!

MPP IDEAS updated 768x460.png

Ideas

Discover ideas and concepts from users like you for how to use Power Pages and take your work to the next level.

Users online (3,348)